Open Source Software
You can find my open source software projects primarily under my GitHub account.
- Wirbelsturm – Vagrant and Puppet based tool to perform 1-click local and remote deployments, with a focus on big data related infrastructure such as Apache Kafka or Apache Storm.
- avro-hadoop-starter – Example MapReduce jobs in Java, Hadoop Streaming, Pig and Hive that work on Avro data
- Replephant – A Clojure library to perform interactive analysis of Hadoop cluster usage via REPL and to generate usage reports.
- ruby-bootstrap – Bootstrap an installation of rvm, Ruby, bundler and any defined gems in a Ruby project directory
- DevOps related projects such as puppet-storm and puppet-kafka
SPEAR Ranking Algorithm
Our work on SPEAR has been covered by international press and news media, including Technology Review and Communications of the ACM as well as the world’s top technology blogs such as ReadWriteWeb. We have been also very happy that Yahoo! invited us to write a featured article about SPEAR, considering that we used its social bookmarking service Delicious.com (which was owned by Yahoo back then) as data source for our scientific experiments.
For starters, you want to read my quick introduction on how to use the SPEAR Python library.