Today I am happy to share an extensive training deck on Apache Kafka version 0.8, which covers Kafka’s core concepts, operating Kafka in production, and developing Kafka applications. I also discuss data serialization with Apache Avro and Twitter Bijection.
I can say with confidence that these are the authoritative and most effective Apache Kafka trainings available on the market. But you don’t have to take my word for it – feel free to take a look yourself and reach out to us if you are interested. —Michael
The training deck (120 slides) is aimed at developers, operations, and architects.
What the training deck covers
- Introducing Kafka: history, Kafka at LinkedIn, Kafka adoption in the industry, why Kafka
- Kafka core concepts: topics, partitions, replicas, producers, consumers, brokers
- Operating Kafka: architecture, hardware specs, deploying, monitoring, performance and scalability tuning
- Developing Kafka apps: writing to Kafka, reading from Kafka, testing, serialization, compression, example apps (with kafka-storm-starter)
- Playing with Kafka using Wirbelsturm
Many thanks to the LinkedIn Engineering team (the creators of Kafka) and the Apache Kafka open source community!